Sunday, June 14, 2009

the freedom to be

i sit.

the sun's flakes fall lower on the horizon

drops of sunlight still glistening on my skin as the light fades

an ethereal glow, though brighter than most

and yet, substantially transparent in these eyes

as the light of that fire wanes into dusk

night canvas, stretching out, draping over my awareness

fingers curling around the twilight, grabbing hold of the remnants

of a life yet to lead, when so much of it has flown past

whisking me away from this darkness,

a new awakening emerges,

cat eyes glowing as one by one stars shine through

with my eyes closed

i see the halo of the moon in my mind's eye

pulsing with the intensity of intention

i grasp the wisps of moonlight dripping into my thoughts,

seeping through the black lace of the trees

and

i sit.


originally posted on 1.13.08 on myspace

No comments:

Post a Comment